Friday 30 August 2019

Friday 30th August

I know that we are not quite at the end of August, but all the same I took the precaution of emptying out the rain gauge.. It certainly has been wet of late, and I am going to stick my neck out and say that it will be the wettest month so far in 2019, but there is still tomorrow to come into the equation, not that a heat wave is forecast for Saturday... Like myself, you will just have to wait and see what happens...

On the bird front, nothing much to report.. top birds (in numbers) seen in the rain up here today were the Jackdaws, Starlings, House Sparrows and Linnets. The last 2 species we are really pleased with as they are making the most of the seed crop sown grown especialy for them. All we need now, is for  some Twite to come and join them...

No comments: