Sunday 7 June 2020

Sunday 7th June

Margaret saw this image taken by Armin, and he was reminiscing about it. It was taken back in June 2013....taken down on Machir Bay...


"They were the exact same that Paul Graham rescued, back in June 2013. I can't remember the exact sequence of events, but I spotted them during my morning walk/run and took a few pictures. As I was on my own I couldn't really do anything about them. I'm not sure if I saw you straight away when I got back to the cottages and mentioned them or not. I know that later in the day you showed them to me and told me that Paul and some friends/family had spotted and rescued them. Imke, my sister, was also there that year (she arrived a few days later) and followed their progress from Germany after seeing them while on Islay."

I remember trying to coax the little blighters to feed and better still we managed to release them all over at Gruinart at the Bird Nerds at the end of July, so all I have to do now is to have a rummage around and see if I took any images of the ducklings being released... watch this space...

No comments: