Wednesday 27 September 2023

Wednesday 27th September

Foul weather of wind and rain for much of the day courtesy of Hurricane Agnes somewhere out in the Atlantic. Nothing particularly gale force or torrential, just unpleasant and enough to keep most of us indoors.

George Jackson passed by Uiskentuie and saw the / a Glaucous Gull on the beach. I look every time I go by and I never get that lucky.

Emily McGarva spotted a Little Egret down at Portnahaven - a new location for the species on Islay I think? amazing what a strong wind will do.............

The origin of the neck-collared Greylag I saw yesterday was revealed today via a rapid reply from ringer Bob Swann. The bird was "collared" on Islay in November 2017 and has been seen here in most of the intervening 6 years since.

No comments: