Friday 11 March 2022

Friday 11 March


 

Well its a feast or a famine with submitted bird sightings: currently we're in lean times!  I'm using an other of Billy's lovely photos from today at Lily loch, where he also had the pair of mute swan and the young whooper.

Chris was out between Sanaigmore and Gruinart where he located 2 ring-tailed hen harrier, plus chough and a little egret.

From my own sightings, 17 common gull and 3 herring gull were waiting to mop up the leftovers while I was feeding my sheep.  A pair of ravens later joined in.  On the shore/coast, 14 oystercatcher, 2 turnstone and great black back gull.  Driving 'up country' my views from the car window included a reed bunting near Craigfad, plus a redshank and 4 wigeon just outside Bowmore.

Yesterday friends walking at the top of Loch Indaal had a close encounter with a young WTE. She sent me this photo taken on her mobile of it just above them.




No comments: