Thursday 17 March 2022

Thursday 17 March

 


St Patricks day was indeed the day for a Wheatear, but just not for me! David D. on the Oa found 

this male and was also skilled enough to catch it on camera.

Jeff's highlights from today at - one chough at Sanaigmore and off the coast a great northern diver and 2 black guilliemots. At Ardnave Loch he had a count of 18 whooper swans, while at Loch Gruinart he only counted 1, plus 2 greenshank.

At Octofad this morning I saw a lesser black-backed gull among the regular gulls.  I forgot to add to yesterday that I saw the Iceland gull by the burn at Uiskentui farmhouse, glowing white on the shoreline.
Billy also had 2 lesser black-backs on Kilchoman this morning and a black headed gull in its summer plumage.  I think I have uploaded the photo below but my internet is being a bit dippy this evening!


Thank you everyone again.





No comments: