Friday 17 September 2021

Thursday 16 and Friday 17 September

 Apologies for missing yesterday, I completely forgot about it! Thought I'd best do a '2-for-1' earlier today so I didn't miss an other! I've also had my wrists slapped for not checking emails so I've a wee bit to catch up on.

On Tuesday Mark had 9 blacktailed godwits and 10 golden plover at Ardnave Loch.  Shona-Isla on Wednesday saw 24 pale-bellied Brent geese at Port Ellen. Steve Norman, a visiting birder, reported yesterday of an adult white-tailed eagle just north of Ardbeg being mobbed by buzzards and corvids.

Yesterday from my window in Port Wemyss I saw 8 pied wagtail, (3 at least were white wagtails) in the garden. On the telegraph wires opposite, 8 hooded crows and around 200 starlings.

Today, Clive was visiting Laggan Bay near the airport and reported a little stint among a large mixed wader flock of dunlin, ring plover and sanderling.

No comments: