Tuesday 16 February 2021

Tuesday 16th February

 Peter sent me through this e mail earlier on this evening..

"There has been a group of 10 Brent Geese in Loch Indaal yesterday and today, wandering between Bruichladdich and Smelly Corner.

 I don't usually feed the birds in my garden because of the dogs, but with the horribly cold weather in the previous few days I nipped out, bought feeders and all sorts of goodies for them on the assumption that they'd be desperate for food. Desperate they may be, but it clearly takes them a while to find new food sources and they haven't yet found my offerings yet! Now the weather has gone pleasantly mild again and they can fend for themselves again."


By the way, last night I started to watch the Zoom meeting led by the INHT , a talk on the "Geology of Colonsay" given by David Webster, unfortunately for me I managed to loose the connection, so I did not see it all...


This evening, there was a short film on the One Show on BBC 1 given by Roy Dennis who I knew when he was the warden on Fair Isle back in the 60s. The film included some footage relating to Roy's work relating to the work put in by himself and others and the re introduction of the White tailed Eagles 

No comments: