Wednesday 17 February 2021

Wednesday 17th February

Good friend Armin Grewe sent me though this e mail late last night ..

"Well, I think after the long and dark winter it's starting to look up. Today, was the first morning this year I could go for my walk without my head torch, as it finally gets light early enough. And to add to that I spotted an old acquaintance (maybe) today:

Almost at the end of my outbound leg I spotted a Little Egret flying up from a flooded track next to the towpath. Unfortunately didn't get to see much of it as it quickly disappeared behind some trees. But on the return leg I spotted it again in a field not far from where I had first seen it. Now I'm wondering if this is the same bird as the one I spotted last year? The place I spotted the bird last year is only about a mile away...

Apart from that I saw a nice female Bullfinch fairly close up in the sunshine during my afternoon leg stretch walk yesterday. Sadly I couldn't watch it too long as I had to get back to the home office for yet another video call (at least the call turned out to be useful for a change, as I got some useful data and information out of it)."

Great to hear from you Armin

No comments: