Thursday 31 December 2020

Thursday 31st December, Hogmanay

 Peter sent me through the following, just after I had written the entry on the blog last night..

"Such nice calm sunny weather prompted me to take a look at Loch Indaal today for waterbirds. I took looks from Nerabus south of Port Charlotte all the way up to Black Rock. There wasn't a great deal happening! Diver and duck numbers seemed very low: circa 15 GND, 8 RTD, around 20 Eider and 10   RBM.  A couple of Black-throated Divers were a bit more interesting. Best sightings were when I met up with Gary who pointed out a family of 3 Otters he was watching on the rocks just north of Bruichladdich. This afternoon, off Port Charlotte an adult Gannet flying up into Loch Indaal was a bit odd for this time of year?"

Karen Graham from Bearsden had a comment regarding Goldfinch numbers...

"Yesterday put out a niger feeder and now watching 5 on it. Their colours are stunning and noticing that the birds are beginning to sing."

Wishing you all out there, a much better year in 2021, I am sure that the vast majority of you will agree with my thoughts on that one, and be glad to see the back of 2020!!! I would also like to take the opportunity to thank all the folk who have contributed sightings for me to share with you the reader.....

No comments: