Tuesday 28 April 2020

Tuesday 28th April

Mandy sent the following e mail through to me this afternoon..
"I was lucky enough to be sitting in my front garden yesterday when a Cuckoo clattered past, making that weird gek-gek noise, chasing another one, and it briefly displayed on a nearby wall, fantastic. Then on my evening walk I could hear 2 distinct Cuckoos, one up towards Leek, and then this morning I saw them both on the telegraph wires, only one was calling though. Mike down at Kilchoman heard a Cuckoo this morning too, and saw a Swallow, and whilst I was on the phone to him he saw an Eagle high above Kilchoman crag."

I also heard that Ed Burrell has a Corncrake calling away over at Cornabus.

James had his first Whinchat of the year today, earlier on this morning he had seen a young Golden Eagle and also he had heard 4 Cuckoos calling away.

Meanwhile, Sarah and Caoimhe had heard a Corncrake calling away on the flats at Gruinart..... heard from the door of the bothy last night.

No comments: