Wednesday 22 April 2020

Wednesday 22nd April

Mary Redman e mailed some sightings seen by herself and her Dad,  Donald...
"I saw my first tern of the year in the bay here yesterday, not sure of species but it was 'quite' big.
Also there is a flock of around 20 Whimbrel feeding near Claddach. 
The Starlings are very noisy just now- including a Corncrake impersonator! 
My Dad had a magpie on his roof on Kerrera yesterday! I hear there's been a few sightings I'm Argyll, but he did get a shock! 
Hope you're all well, the sunny weather continues!" 

Mandy has also set through some sightings as well....
"This morning, I heard a Cuckoo down beside the phone box at the end of Loch Gorm, my first for this year.
4 red polls just flew over whilst I'm sitting in the sun in my front garden, this afternoon. Green veined white just flew round the front garden.
The Starling has added to its repertoire again- this time an adult male human saying a 3 syllable phrase, couldn't work out what it said!!!!"

Peter sent more birds for the blog, just great!!!
  • a single flock of 23 Eider near Bowmore on the fortnightly shopping visit
  • a single Whimbrel and Common Sandpiper on the shore near Bruichladdich
Lots of Willow warblers, Wheatears and Sand Martin about – plus Sandwich Terns offshore.
 

No comments: