Thursday 16 April 2020

Thursday 16th April

David Barr was in touch back on Monday saying that he had just seen a Green Woodpecker when out with his 2 dogs over at Lochearnhead that morning...

Mandy has had a great day with the birds around where she lives on Islay...
"This morning I had the Redwing again in the tree at the rear of her house, sunning itself. Late afternoon, just sitting in my front garden listening to a starling going through its repertoire of the usual buzzard, curlew, crow, raven, gull, blackbird etc., then it threw in a bleating lamb!Exceptionally good. If it wasn't coming from the roof I'd have believed it was real ...And it has just did a chough too! And I've seen the willow warbler, appropriately enough in my willow in the front garden😄. Just heard a second willow warbler up here, one is calling close by and a second further away 😊"

Dr Matt Jackson had been down at Machir Bay, late afternoon
"Was out for my authorised bought of exercise this evening and heard my first Corncrake of the year down by the parking area at the beach at Machir Bay! There were also quite a number (20+) of what seemed to be mixed sand and house martins among the dunes along the middle and south end of the beach."

No comments: