Monday 10 December 2012

Monday 10th December

Who needs "Dark skies" as they often write about... The skies outside tonight and several nights lately have been something else for star gazing, Armin you should be here with your camera, a wee bit cool, sub zero temperatures but you would have got some great images if you were here! As you may have gathered bird wise, it has been quiet today, very quiet! We had a Barn Owl out on the phone wires this evening, down close to Rockside road end which was nice to see. Just before lunchtime on my way back  from Bridgend,  at Blackrock there were some Pale bellied Brent Geese and Wigeon present, not a lot, and as I was driving and paying attention to the road I did not manage a head count! On the lochans beside Loch Gorm, there was a Heron on one of the small islands, as clear as could be, as were a small flock of 4 Redwings flying past as I came up through the Machir up the hill. Now I know why they are called Redwings!!

1 comment:

Armin said...

I so wish I had been there, I've seen a picture taken around this day, amazing!