Friday 20 May 2022

Friday 20 June

 A mixed day with heavy showers, but a lovely evening after all. I've a feeling James rain gauge will show a wetter than average May, but time will tell! I often associate May as dry, sometimes too dry for the lapwing and redshank chicks, but lately the rain has saturated the fields. Although I've not ventured off the 'main road' to Gruinart for longer than I care to admit, I can imagine the pools on the flats are fuller than normal!

Very quiet on the birding front. Visitors Christine and Frank have been in touch with a report of 4 cuckoos flying and active together on the East side of Loch Gorm. Thank you both!

 At Claddach the wrens nest obviously passed inspection with what looks like 3 or 4 hungry chicks inside. Its a lovely nest, beautifully built. Its also a safe spot, away from the wind and rain! I'll need to watch for the fledglings and leave the shed doors open for them to find their way out.

Enjoy the weekend folks!

Mary


No comments: