Tuesday 10 May 2022

Tuesday 10 May

 


Todays image of a golden eagle kindly from Jim Dickson from his visit. I've saved others for the coming days.

Sightings have quietened down after the busy weekend.  Peter reported the heronry at Loch Tarbet on Jura had at least 6 nests. Louise noted the heronry at the Manse on Jura was active though no nest count yet.

Lauren was at Ardnave today with 2 bonnie, 5 arctic tern, 15 whimbrel, 8 turnstone, 68 dunlin and 2 knot.

My own highlights from today - a solo chough flying and noisily calling overhead in Port Wemyss. In the shed, the wren nest in the coil of rope now has eggs! We will keep a wide berth, luckily we have no need for the rope.  Near the old wave power the terns have been noisy, but I tend to keep my distance once they arrive, respecting their space and my head!

Thanks to Peter and Mark for covering the blog this past month. The blog is a group effort but with lambing I haven't been pulling my weight recently! Thanks for all todays sightings.

Mary

No comments: