Friday 23 April 2021

Friday 23rd April

 Peter sent me through the following birds seen / heard on Islay yesterday...

"David Dinsley reports the first Whinchat of the year at Upper Killeyan plus a Ring Ouzel at Port nan Gallen on the Oa.

Summer visitors building up with this pleasant weather: Willow Warblers singing everywhere, Cuckoo calling on the High Road and Blackcap singing in the woods at Kildalton with Common Sandpipers seen and heard along the coast in several locations today. The group of 8 large Canada Geese still present in fields along the High Road at Leorin."

A few birds seen by Armin Grewe for you hear about, Armin sent me the email a few days ago and lives in Berkshire, but is a good friend to all of us on Islay...

"Not entirely sure, but it might have been the first for this season, on my way out during my morning walk I heard a Cuckoo. It was quiet when I returned though.

Earlier I saw a Starling chasing a Pigeon for some reason, they came up from behind me so I don't know what happened previously.

Also noticed two Herons flying out from the direction of the Heronry, I assume to their fishing grounds further afield."


No comments: