Monday 15 March 2021

Monday 15th March

Karen Graham sent me some birds seen while out on a walk in the park, over in Bearsden...

"Out on walk in park which is wet and muddy there were 8 Lesser Black backed gulls, some Herring gulls and around 12 Crows. Worms must be at surface after such constant rain. Out in back garden several Wood and Feral pigeons, 8 Blackbirds and 2 Siskin on feeder. 2 Goldcrests prefer the fat cake, coconuts and large fir cones which I fill with porridge oats, seed and lard mix."

Gary sent me through these birds seen yesterday by himself in at Finlaggan...

"Pair of adult White tailed Eagle, 7 Oystercatcher, 3 Curlew, 4 Tufted Duck, 1 female Goldeneye."

James today sent me through this e mail

"Not many birds to report, it seemed to rain every day last week and the weekend. Over the weekend I did see a Lesser Black backed Gull at last and a Greenshank on the Floods. I think Lauren is going to send the WeBS results through – it was a better day today so we managed to get out for a count. I am counting geese the next couple of days so I will see what I can find. Hope the weather improves."

As James mentioned that Lauren was going to send through the WeBS count carried out today which she has done but I will keep them in my back pocket and use them tomorrow, so watch this space tomorrow!!!


No comments: