Friday 19 March 2021

Friday 19th March

Petr sent me through this e mail earlier on today,  

"I've started checking all suitable woodland for Great Spotted Woodpeckers to try and get an idea of how many there might be. Perhaps you could mention on the blog for people on Islay to look out for any signs - either seeing or hearing them and let you (or me) know? I was in Foreland this morning with Lesley and we had a female pecker, so it is a start."  So, please if you hear or see any Great spotted Woodpeckers when you are out and about on Islay or even on Jura, let me know by an e mail and I will forward it onto Peter.


The other day, Karen Graham had seen some bees out flying around in her garden in Bearsden and then yesterday she had seen a Toad out along the path/track where she was walking along. Today, back on the feeders in her garden she had a couple of Goldfinches as well as a pair of Siskins , the first Siskins of the year.

No comments: