Wednesday 16 September 2009

Wed 16th Sept

After a 3 day stint on Oronsay helping Eoin Brown (note the correct spelling this time), I have returned home again. We were both over there helping sort out the sheep on the RSPB reserve, lambs which were going for sale to the market immediately, others to retain as breeding sheep for 2011 and the rest to be sold at a sale over here on Islay later on. We also had to check out all the breeding ewes, so all in all we put in a power of work, more so Eoin rather than me, I was more of a "gofor". A good time was enjoyed by all, the weather held out and there were no midges at all!
I certainly did not have any time for any birdwatching, I took my bins and also the camera, but neither were used! Mike Peacock, the warden on Oronsay saw a Corncrake on Tuesday morning just we started to gather the sheep in. I noted a few Chough, both on Oronsay and later on Colonsay today as we waited for the ferry.

No comments: