Thursday 2 July 2020

Thursday 2nd July

Good friend, Marsali was in touch this morning to tell me about her rain fall which tallied out at 5.08 inches for the month....

Meanwhile, James had seen an Osprey flying over Loch Gruinart, the first he has seen for some time. Along at the RSPB office at Bushmills, he  had seen a Chiffchaff and also a cracking male Bullfinch.

Another good friend Armin Grewe emailed some sightings seen while out for his early walk along the canal, close to where he lives...
"First I saw a pair of Green Woodpeckers in small trees/bushes right next to the towpath, maybe 20-30 feet ahead of me. They then flew off, across the canal where they disappeared into the trees on the other side of the canal.

Walking on may be another 30-40 feet I look up into one of the small trees on the verge of the canal, between the towpath and the canal, and what did I see? A Great Spotted Woodpecker, pecking away at the tree. It didn't seem to be bothered by me standing on the towpath, so I watched it for a minute before having to move on as work was calling.
Maybe 1/4 of a mile down the canal I then saw and heard two Jays. As mentioned previously, there seem to be quite a few around of them this year."

Finally, Chris and Tony Johnson sent their tally for the month, a mere 5.75 inches, so top of the class to them...




No comments: