Sunday 14 July 2019

Sunday 14th July

A beautiful day here today, with wall to wall sunshine.... and quite warm as well

Today up here at home, I saw 4 Buzzards wheeling around out over the big crag in the morning. Later on, I heard a Peregrine calling away out towards the War graves cemetery, but did not manage to see it! Then this afternoon, I had a Golden Eagle soaring high up along towards the masts and just after tea, there were a pair of Stonechats down on the fence, great colours on the male bird.... Oh, yes another bird seen today was a Hen Pheasant out with her brood of 10 new chicks, so I wonder how many of them will survive, they all went in to the cover of the bird seed crop, so we will just have to wait and see!!! I have already seen the odd Pheasant poult from some of the earlier broods, but not that many...


No comments: