Sunday 24 May 2020

Sunday 24th May

Before I forget there will be no meeting (again!!!) of the Bird Nerds  this coming Tuesday due to the dreaded Coronavirus and the lock down regulations in place...

I was speaking to David Barr earlier on this evening, and he has been seeing some tremendous sightings of a Green Woodpecker close to where he now lives close to Lochearnhead.

Peter e mailed me that he has had another new bird on his garden list, an Oystercatcher...
"While I see Oystercatchers passing by on the shore beyond the garden every day, yesterday and today were the first time I’ve actually had an Oystercatcher come into the garden. There was one yesterday feeding on the lawn, and two together today. They stayed quite a while and seemed to be finding plenty of food. Whether they are finding feeding elsewhere more difficult and are driven into the garden in desperation – or whether they’ve just realised that there is plenty of food in this new place, I’ve no idea – but it is fun to watch them plodding about with the Song Thrushes, Blackbirds and Starlings on the grass."

No comments: