Monday 4 May 2020

Monday 4th May

Lesley tonight sent me through the following sightings of some birds

" Rather late but on Saturday, I saw my first (4) House Martins for the year also a pair of Gannets close into the shore doing a fly past. Plus Common  Sandpiper again, I always forget just how wee they are.

Today my walk was very noisy. Warblers competing with Sedge coming in first, Willow close behind and Grasshopper a poor third. Then there were the Stonechats, dapper Reed Buntings, Skylarks and even Redpoll. All with the ubiquitous Cuckoos and cronking Ravens."

 

I was Speaking to Distillery Dave this evening, and he was telling me about seeing an Osprey on Loch Earn the other day. Today, he had seen the Green woodpecker as well as 4 different Jays and also a striking male Bullfinch as well as a pair of Greenfinch....

No comments: