Monday 24 May 2021

Monday 24th May

Another mixed day with the weather, net result was that I did not cut the grass today, and another poor pointer was the temperature on Matt Jackson's weather gauge dropped to 2 degrees centigrade last night.... 

Martin Armstrong today was telling me of seeing an Osprey the other day being mobbed by a Hen Harrier....

Chris Brock who is sailing around Islay islay at present with the Majestic Line sent me through the following birds seen today...Today’s birds from my trip, Craighouse to Port Ellen. Sadly no WTE! 

 Craighouse 

2 BTD

6 Common Tern

Oystercatcher 

1 distant Golden Eagle towards Islay

 

At sea

Gannets 

Guillemot close by

Razorbill 

Shag off Kildalton 

 

Walk from Lagavulin to Port Ellen

Wren

Goldfinch

Mute Swan

Thanks for your birds, appreciated as ever...


By the way, before I forget, Margaret saw a Fulmar flying along the front of the crag today...

No comments: