Sunday 31 July 2016

Sunday 31st July

I must sound like an "old gramophone record" as I keep saying that we have had another glorious day, with the sun streaming in through the windows...
Yes, another great day, I have been out in the garden "working away" at my own pace, creating a border, edging it and then finally putting some plants in, and to finish off, give the said plants a good watering. While I was out there this morning, I was speaking with a couple from Holland who were admiring the cover crop that we sown for the birds etc. He was very impressed and of a similar mind set to ourselves and said that we need some beehives for next year... James was over this afternoon, so the beehives are coming, as James has bees. James had not seen the crop himself for over 5 weeks and was pleasantly surprised. We saw several Willow Warblers on the seed heads, the Hooded Crows out on the lawn where earlier this morning, I had counted a mixed "flock" of 16 Song Thrush and Blackbirds. Also present were a few Pied Wagtail as well as around 20 Starlings

No comments: