Friday 5 October 2012

Friday 5th October

What a great day it has been out here, the weather that is what I am talking about, as I sit writing the blog at the back of 7pm in shirt sleeves, not because the central heating is on either I may add!!! Up the top of the hill beside the old church views all around have been great, over to Ireland, up to Colonsay and beyond to  Mull and then closer at hand Jura. Big change from the few rumbles of thunder last night along with some more rain.... David and Lesley had carried out a goose count this morning, at Gruinart, their tally was 12,380 Barnies, 50 Greylags, 2 Pale bellied Brent and 35 Whoopers. At lunchtime, I had a count of 160 Whoopers down at Rockside, about half of them were in one of the lochans with the others on the barley stubbles. This evening, the vast majority have moved on, in fact 15 flew over me while I was up the top of the hill, heading out to sea and on down to Ireland. Visitors had seen a Golden Eagle down on the South east coast of Islay when they were down there today. Forgot to say earlier that at the sheep sale today, the prices had not been very good.

No comments: