Tuesday 17 December 2019

Tuesday 17th December

The below is the jist of an e mail which I received through from Peter Roberts the other day, so if anyone can throw any light on his questions, if you can e mail me your comments back to me and I will forward them on to Peter. 

"On the rare occasions when it hasn’t been either windy or raining – or both – I’ve had a look offshore into Loch Indaal for birds. I’m not finding much! Where have they all gone? Usually at this time of year I can see double figures of RTD & GND along with RB Mergs, Scoters, Eiders – occasional LT Ducks, Slav Grebes. I’ve looked from here in Bruichladdich down to Port Charlotte and up towards Black Rock, but there is very little there. Yesterday Mark Shields and I saw about 6-8 RTD and a couple of Eider – TOTAL!
I wonder if anyone else is reporting more of these species somewhere else in Loch Indaal – or is something nasty happening??? "

No comments: