Friday 26 June 2009

Fri 26th June

Getting a bit forgetful in my old age, I forgot to mention yesterday that while we were out with Rory on the guided walk at RSPB Loch Gruinart reserve, we had splendid sightings of Hen Harriers. At one point there was a Ringtail (female) mobbing a Buzzard, if memory serves me correctly we had 7 different sightings during the walk, at one time we had both the male and female together. I was speaking with George earlier this evening and he too had been commenting on seeing more Harriers out on the wing, hunting for food for their young. James commented on this to but with reference to Short eared Owls.
Another entry which I forgot was seeing a Lizard while over on Colonsay on Wednesday while returning back to our car after being at Pig's Paradise.

No comments: