Sunday 19 January 2020

Sunday 19th January

An e mail through from Ron who writes the Islay blog
"I couldn't believe my eyes when I returned home from Ardnave early in the afternoon when I spotted a White Tailed Sea Eagle on top of a Barnacle Goose close to the RSPB Gruinart visitor centre. When we pulled over the Sea Eagle flew off, dropped the Goose which escaped, and landed a few metres further on the grass next to another Sea Eagle!! I couldn't believe my luck. I've never seen such a spectacular display of these majestic birds. It's already hard to spot one so close by, now I had two of them on the ground in front of me. After some 10 minutes or so they flew off scaring some more Barnacle Geese further out towards Craigens"

If you go to Ron's blog you should be able to see some tremendous images which he took of the 2 White tailed Eagles.

James up for a welcome cuppa and catch up this afternoon. James had also seen the White tailed Eagles which Ron had seen at Gruinart , with James seeing them this morning. When he was out and about James had also seen 2 Golden Eagles soaring around over Loch Cam. 

No comments: