Friday 15 April 2011

Friday 15th April

Time flies, and that's April half away already, tomorrow sees the start to Walkislay our annual walking week here on Islay, one of the reasons that I hope that the weather holds good. There were quite a few of the "regulars" on the ferry today, some of them bringing new faces along too.

I have to hold my hand up to a mistake that I made in referring to one of the visitors as coming from Cheshire, but it should have been Lancashire, I could have said they were from Yorkshire!Many thanks to Chris and Tony Johnson for their sightings through the week and also to Tom Callan from Otter Ferry in Argyll.

Yesterday down in front of the hide there were 16 Black tailed Godwit, out on the loch there were 25 Shelduck. Back here at home the Chiffchaff was heard singing away in the wood and I saw a Willow Warbler, both year ticks for me. Carl had 3 Twite, 2 Bullfinch and a Heron at Bruaich Jeraich behind Port Charlotte, also present were several Willow Warblers. Carl also commented on not seeing any Grey Wagtail on the burn in Port Charlotte so far this Spring. Chris and Tony also remarked that they had not seen on the Sorn during their visit.

No comments: